Noiseless, bustling like Seoul, Jeju Island is peaceful and fresh, dubbed the "love paradise" to become an attractive tourist destination for many visitors, especially the destination for honeymooners. If you intend to travel to this beautiful island, check out some of Jeju Island's travel experiences below.
This beautiful island is about 434km south of Seoul Capital. Travel time takes about 1 hour by plane. Jeju International Airport regularly has direct flights to cities such as Tokyo, Osaka, Beijing and Shanghai.
1. Should you travel to Jeju Island at any time?
Jeju Island is the largest island in Korea, sometimes post-temperate, the year-round temperature is always stable.
The weather is divided into two distinct seasons: summer and winter: summer (from June to September) with a temperature range of 20-28 degrees Celsius and winter (from December 3) heat background from 3-10 poison). You can travel at any time according to your preferences.
2. Carry items when traveling to Jeju Island
You should bring a plinth that is easy to carry in case of rain, sun or snow. Don't forget to bring warm clothes and hats.
3. Vehicles when traveling to Jeju Island
About the means of transportation at the island: It takes about 1 hour from the airport to the island center when traveling by car. To move in Jeju Island, you can choose the following vehicles:
Bus: The bus system here has its own lane, so it runs very fast, so bus travel saves cost and time most effectively.
Taxi or car rental
4. What to eat, where to eat in Jeju Island?
Due to limited agricultural land, popular dishes on the island are made from grains such as sweet potatoes, millet, wheat, green beans ... Vegetables, seaweed are processed into types of soy sauce or sauces , types of meat from chickens and pigs. Tangerines and abalone are considered two specialties on Jeju Island, which are loved by many tourists.
Here are the famous dishes in Jeju Island, you can refer to:
- Black pork: This is one of Jeju's famous specialties, you should enjoy your trip. Black pork is processed into various dishes such as BBQ or soup.
- Fish: On Jeju Island there are many types of fish, including the famous fish you should taste. However, the price is quite expensive, about 12,000 for a grilled Okdom fish.
- Mandarin mandarins: Famous specialties on Jeju Island include sugar mandarin. The sweet taste, absorbed deep inside while enjoying. In addition to eating, people also press mandarins into fruit juice for refreshment.
- Hulh Mulhwae: A soup cooked by freshly sliced cuttlefish, soy sauce, red pepper, bean sprouts and vegetables. A bowl of soup with rice will cost around 8,000 Won.
You can also enjoy Gweong (Pheasant bird), Jeon Bok Juk (Abalone porridge) ...
5. Popular attractions on Jeju Island
- Hallasan: The highest mountain in Korea (1950m), however, this volcano is not active. Hallasan is a UNESCO biosphere reserve with craters, lakes and high mountains.
- Lava tube: A lava system formed some 1,000 to 3,000 years ago, recognized by UNESS as a natural heritage. Having Hang ManJang longer than 8km you can walk about 1km and discover strange things here.
- Mr. Stone: Most of the locations on Jeju Island have a stone man, who are carving stone workers to chase away the invading enemies.
Going to Jeju Island cannot help going to beautiful beaches like: Hyeopjae, Jungmun, Gwakjl, Hamdoek, Shinyang.
- Olle walkway: a series of walkways stretching along the southern shore of the island and through forests, meadows, villages to the sea.
- Seogsan Peak: is a volcano located in the East, the end of Jeju Island has a valley-shaped mountain mouth, surrounded by sharp rocks. This is where visitors often come to see the sunrise and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.
- Cheonjlyon waterfall: 22m high, 12m wide flows all year round, white water. At the foot of the waterfall is an artificial lake of 20m deep.
- Seongeup ethnic village: is the capital of Cheongeup tribe here, you will learn about the cultural life of the native inhabitants. Here, there are more than 3000 houses made of clay, beautiful roof tiles.
- Love Park: Open at 9 am, where there are 140 sensitive themes about "sex", only for people over 18 to enter.
6. What to buy when traveling to Jeju Island?
Jeju is famous for Ganoderma and oranges, you can buy Ganoderma as a gift, cost a bottle of Ganoderma about 800 grams, cost 35,000 won (equivalent to 630,000 VND). Or buy orange specialties, chocolate orange candies and stone statues.